learning for a special occasion:
We show you basic steps to the dance style suited to the special occasion you are attending.
never danced with a partner before:
We show you the basic steps to a couple of the most important partner dance styles you'll need forever.
danced with a partner before:
We go through any material that pops into your head and show you how we can expand on it.
What happens on my free lesson?
Never been to DANZON before?
Everyone gets their first Private Lesson
in Social Partner Dancing for FREE!
No obligation FUN!
Your decision to learn dancing will improve
every aspect of the rest of your life.
What a GREAT decision!
Then you tell us your goals.
We personally design you the possible paths to your needs.
And YOU decide how to proceed.
DID YOU KNOW...
That 20% of current DANZON students have been learning
with us for between 2 and 20 years! And still having fun!!
BOOK NOW 6257 5891
Answers to your FAQ's
Do I need a partner?
- No, you will dance with your teacher on your private lesson.
Can I bring a partner/friend?
- Yes, we can teach up to 2 students on a private lesson.
Can a group of us learn together?
- Yes, we call these semi-private lessons.
How long is the free lesson?
- Approximately 30mins, then we talk to you about what you want.
Do I have to dance with someone other than my partner?
- No, if you come to learn as a couple then it's ok not to swap partners in groups. It's a special thing just for the 2 of you.
Is my teacher any good?
- Yes, Danzon has the most highly trained and qualified teachers in Canberra, specifically trained to 'teach' dancing to everyone of all abilities.
What do I wear?
- Neat, good casual clothes, deodourant and smooth soled shoes are nice and comfortable.
What age group do you teach?
- 18 yrs to 100 so far! We have a broad range of ages learning.
Do I have to know stuff already?
- No, 95% of people who come for their first lesson have never danced a step.
Is it hard?
- Not at all. We have been successful at teaching 100% of people who have come to us including blind dancers and pig farmers and politicians.
Fun & Relevant Social Media!
when I can get it working
C 2016 Social Dancing Australia Pty. Ltd.
Designed and built by S. Pekkarinen
- Not just a dancer - artist, designer,
illustrator, some photography, makeup artist, caricaturist and do it myself kinda gal.